Bluegrass Park was given to the city of Elkins by the E.W. Wees family in 1935 for the establishment of a public recreation area. In the late 1960's, through the efforts of Glenn W. Gainer, Jr. and the Fraternal Order of Police, Bluegrass Park was turned into a baseball facility for the youth in the Elkins area, which became the foundation for the Elkins Little League, the Elkins Babe Ruth League, and the American Legion Post 29 baseball team. In 1985, the baseball field was renamed Robin Harvey Field in memory of Robin Harvey who was involved with the Babe Ruth League for many years. In addition to the baseball field, Bluegrass Park has a small pavilion, playground area, and basketball courts. Click here for directions to Bluegrass Park.